Friday, January 15, 2016

It's 2016

... and I just made my blog private. I want to be able to write again, and I don't want readers.

So much has happened. We moved to Bangalore last summer, six months now. We moved in the terrible heat of a Calcutta May, with a clingy 11 month-old Beni (Rahul was at Vizag with my parents), to a city where we wouldn't have a home or car of our own for several weeks. We were lucky to spend that time at Ro's, a gift that I can never repay but hope some day to pay forward at least. Her maid and her dog made that awful month a little more bearable for me. I spent all June nervous, phoneless, unhappy and tense even as things fell into place one by one.

That's how it's been ever since. Life has kept happening. Things have been falling into place, good things have happened, and horrible things have also happened, and through it all I keep waiting for the next blow to fall when in fact the good has far outweighed the bad. And I wonder why I can't just breathe deep and let the fear go.

For now, this is all that I'm writing.

No comments: