Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Planning to Give Vicky an Earful

Vicky went to visit his mother on Saturday and came home with some old albums of photos he wants to scan. They are filled with ancient photographs from his own childhood. I particularly love the ones of him and his brother because they show how much fun the boys had, and it makes me optimistic about our own two boys.

Sentimentality aside, the photos have also firmly established that Puchke's hilarious sticky-out ears are inherited from his father. The child was born with the most beeyootiful shell-shaped ears that lay flat against his head but they quickly became huge and sticky-out. I've hesitated to point a finger at V thus far because I may have neat ears but my brother's could have been borrowed from an elephant while Cousin J, well, the less said about her ears the better. But these photos show us the real culprit. I don't think Vicky is ever going to be allowed to forget how I gave the child a good start with the ears he and his funny genes messed it all up thereafter.

See?



3 comments:

The Bride said...

Ha! I totally blame V (my husband) for the kids' ears. The one thing I prayed for was for them not to get my nose and his ears. My hose is absent, but his ears are very much there. Ouff!

I think Puchke looks adorbs with his ears though :)

30in2005 said...

He is a cherub! Just adorable, sticking out ears and all!

Sue said...

Bride, 30 -- He does look cute. No reason to be nice to Vicky about it though, right?