Friday, September 05, 2014

In Your Thirties

- You watch your children grow up. Where did your baby go?

- You watch your parents grow old. How do you make your peace with that?

- The man you married is greying, slowing down, less likely to take risks.

- Your bones hurt more often. Such an old people thing.

- Your friends are no longer young people fresh from university.

- The environment matters more than ever, but now it's self-need driving you rather than ideals.

- Politics matters. Not enough to lose friends over it, but still.

- Your car is more likely to have baby bottles than booze in the backseat.

- Your music is starting to get dated. You hear the radio play Savage Garden during 'Classics' hour.

- Your mental confidence is less matched by your physical condition.

All of this is flummoxing because you feel so young.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true.
Especially the last line. Sigh.

-Nutty

Ananya said...

watching parents grow old is difficult...
but whats more heart warming is that they still treat you like a baby and want to still get you everything in their capacity!!!!!

Unmana said...

I know. And sometimes I look at young people and think how much younger I am. Though I guess I was less young when I was actually in my twenties.

Yeah, I stopped making sense a while ago. I just stopped by to see how you're doing. Hugs.

Choxbox said...

Ditto for the forties, just more intense. Ergo you feel younger-er.

Sue said...

Nutty -- That's when you firmly remind yourself that you are, in fact, young still!

Ananya -- True :)

Unmana -- That made perfect sense, somehow! Hugs back.

Chox -- Really? Now there's something to look forward to.