Wednesday, October 09, 2013

ThankYou #9: P Obul Reddy Public School

From 1992 to 1994 I studied at this school. Those two years changed how I saw myself: suddenly I discovered that far from being a mediocre student I was in fact fairly bright. In this time I was also introduced to several things that have since come to define my life, theatre being the most important. This school was the impressive institution it was because of our headmistress, Mrs Anitha Gnanabharanam, who taught me certain values I cherish even today. Thanks to her teachings I did not swear until I was nearly 20 and I still don't litter. And thanks to her wisdom, I don't lie or cheat even when it's the easier option and nobody would probably know. I may not be a saint, but I'm grateful for all that she and her school taught my brother and me.

No comments: