Monday, October 14, 2013

ThankYou #14: Long John Silver

Earlier this year I was invited to a bloggers lunch at the US Consulate. It was a pleasant afternoon with some delicious food but what stands out in my memory is the Cat we met. He was beautiful, a large, black tom with white socks and an aristocratic expression. His name was Silver and he spend the better part of a half hour's discussion explaining to me where he wanted to be scratched and how rude it was of me to stop merely because I was getting caught up in the conversation.

I like cats and I love kittens but these godforsaken days all I meet are kittens trying to kill themselves under my car and cats with evil intentions. Sometimes it's nice to meet one that knows what's what and keeps things that way.

1 comment:

dipali said...

He sounds very handsome indeed!