Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Joker

Rahul has been learning to play games of association in school. Sometimes, just to mess with him, I come up with wild associations from him to something perfectly ridiculous.

The other day during lunch I made a chain from him to a monkey I think, going via a joker and a circus. He objected to it saying jokers aren't very nice things. I was a bit surprised because you'd think being a kid he'd like the idea of jokers, right?

He doesn't, because to him a joker is not about the big top (he's never seen an old-fashioned circus in his life) -- it's about the Joker.

We're bad parents.

(And no, an appropriate comment to this post is not "Why so serious?" -- pre-empted you there, hah!)

4 comments:

Pratiti said...

I did go to the circus before I was introduced to the Joker, but I was STILL scared to death of jokers as a child, if this comforts you at all. :)

R's Mom said...

I confess, I am scared of Jokers as well. I used to really terrified of the ones in the circus because they would look scary to me, instead of funny. And then when I grew older, I felt more pity than anything for them, because everyone used to laugh AT them, instead of WITH them..so guess you are not bad parents, Rahul is a sane guy eh?

Martin Legault said...

Hi,
I just came across your blog and I have to say that i looks really good. My name is Martin and I'm a teacher from Canada. I just started a new website called Resources4teaching where educators can buy and sell lessons and educational resources. We are new and are looking for people to join and put up their materials for sale on our website. We are having an iPad draw for the first 100 Vendors who join and upload at least 1 lesson /resource for sale on our website. There are absolutely no fees to join and you get to keep 70% of the profit. You can visit us at: www.resources4teaching.com/blog

If you know any other teachers who might be interested in this Website, please forward this to them and if you have any questions, feel free to message me.

Have a great day

Sue said...

Pratiti, R's Mom -- Really? I used to like jokers until I watched some horror show on Zee TV which had a joker doll that killed people or something.