Saturday, December 22, 2012

Too tired to blog tonight

(it's been a manic month so far although I'm not complaining)

BUT

I thought I would just like to note that there is nothing quite like walking down the road with a son who has been sulking at you for a while but suddenly lays his head on your hand (while walking!) because, dammit, you've been AWOL all month and he's only six and you're all the mother he has.

He's all the son I have too, all my winter sunshine and summer cheer. I hope he always knows it, even when we fight and he denies it. I hope when we're not talking he remembers how I never turned away a caress or a hug or a kiss. Or denied him one. And if he doesn't remember it, I will, because he is the only person in my life who has ever put me first. That has to count for something.

4 comments:

Thinking Cramps said...

Awww, this made me feel all warm inside :)

Sue said...

Ana -- Me too. :)

Stu said...

This post is Awwwww. Get that button.

Sue said...

Stu -- :)