Friday, October 12, 2012

Loss

I was walking home yesterday in the rain after the Arena Stage performance at ICCR and it was the end to a long, exhilarating day. I was exhausted and close to the point of finally letting the balls drop.

But then, I remembered, there's always something more to lose.

I try, I really try, to only lose that which I gain nothing by keeping, or that which wants to be lost. For the rest, I am grateful for my blessings. Especially the one that stands 4' high and makes homecoming a little easier.

3 comments:

Shuktara said...

Here's what I'm thinking we need to do. You and Dipa conduct the workshop for Dana, Baisali, me and 7 other people who missed it like us but so wanted to do it. We could do it at my place. I'll work out the logistics. We participants can pool in some money as well to give both of you something at the end of it. (I know this doesn't quite address your post but it's something to look forward to, isn't it :)? Hug)

Shuktara said...

It will have to be after the Pujos though...

Sue said...

Oh wow, Shuki, I'm not sure I could but I would love to give it a shot. In November perhaps?