Monday, June 11, 2012

The Other Side

Three months ago I blogged this.

The external circumstances remain much the same but oh, the change in me... it's as if I'm suddenly the person I really, really wanted to be at this age, at this stage.

Rahul has been in Delhi ever since I left him at Mejopishi's, eleven days ago. He returns home tomorrow. These last two-three days he has finally begun to miss us a little. Calls his father and me, has a hundred things we need to listen to right away.

This short time home alone with Vicky has been rather wonderful. He does his thing, I do mine. We've watched a lot of TV together, several movies (Snow White and the Huntsman, Prometheus, A Slight Case of Murder, among others), listened to music and hung out with friends. Mostly we've just relaxed. Like I said, nothing has changed and yet something has switched tracks so that life is more bearable.

I feel relieved. Whoever was in charge of me, whoever took charge, has helped me out of that grief.


3 comments:

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Hugs.

Rohini said...

*hugs*

And Yay!

And also, if he is done with you, could you point this person who took charge of you in my direction?

Sue said...

M4 -- Thank you. *hugs back*

Rohini -- My inner Sue? You sure you want her in your head??