Tuesday, August 16, 2011

In the interests of science

I got kissed all morning. And his kissing has a method that must be followed. He kisses first, this cheek, then the other, and presents his own cheeks in the same order and this order must be followed or the kissing starts anew.

This morning, I got kissed at the drop of a hat. I got kissed in the middle of a scolding and I got one with distinctly rebuking undertones.

Whenever things get this way there can be only two outcomes. Either my loving son is sleepy. Or he is ill.

Turned out to be the latter. He was running a fever.

It's amazing how good I am at tracing effect to cause. To keep the chain flowing, moreover, I just went to him as he lay sleeping and ruthlessly kissed the cheek available to me. I may even have nibbled on it a little, it was so soft and downy. He only opened his eyes, refused to register me and went right back to sleep.

And that, my friends, is why I say the boy is a Niyogy through and through. His father does the same thing.

N.B.
In the interests of truth and justice, I must point out that this is not his father's only reaction. Just the most common one.

3 comments:

R's Mom said...

hahahah! cute...I loved the NB ;)

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Awwwww...my poor little Bheblu. Ekhon kemon?

And nibble those cheeks away...that's what they're there for!

Sue said...

R's Mom -- ;)

M4 -- He's better now, thanks. I suppose he overdid it over the weekend.