Friday, June 24, 2011

Preview of Ma Bolechhe...

You know that play I'm acting in?

You can read a preview writeup on it here and see a pic too.

Also, because I think Tom Lai's done a fine job on them, here are some more pics:

My mother and I: within seconds of this photo she gives me hell for daring to pontificate on motherhood after my first holiday with my daughter -- who was brought up by my mother, not me.

The second photograph shows my mother and her mother on the phone, discussing, among other things, me. I love it. You can see my mother's worry and tension while to my grandmother I am still a happy thought.

9 comments:

dipali said...

Brilliantly adapted, directed and acted! Looking forward to seeing it again tomorrow:)

Priyanka said...

Hi Sunayana,

Having been a long-time reader of your blog:), just delurking to say that it was wonderful to read the play preview (the notion of the 'memory tree' is certainly intriguing!) Thank you for including the pictures, they certainly do a fine job of conveying the pathos of the moments and giving an idea of the play for those of us who cannot witness it...all the best for it!

Anonymous said...

Wow susie good stuff! You look gorgeous :D can we get a clip on YouTube or something?

Mayg said...

Ugh sorry that was me! Stil clumsy around new gadgets. So yes, would love a sneak peek on YouTube or something! Best of luck!

Neera said...

What an experience Sue ..it looks like a very very intense play ..I am glad u are a part of it. Just from the two pictures it looks like a rollercoaster of emotions.

sukanya said...

congratulations on being a part of such an ensemble....you look great in the pic...good luck with it!

sole said...

Would have loved to watch it, nice review too. Awesome work Sue. Now give us a you tube clip soon!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck ... sounds like a great play.

Sue said...

Dipali -- Thank you, from us all. :)

Priyanka -- I hope you can come to see a show. Do say hello afterwards.

MayG -- I'll be linking to a Youtube clip of another funny thing I did this weekend. Hopefully we will have Ma Bolechhe clips too, soon.

Neera -- You've described it exactly. Births, deaths, marriages and everything in between.

Sukanya -- Thank you :)

Sole -- Yes ma'am! :)

Anon -- It is, and thank you!