Saturday, June 04, 2011

My Mother Said I Never Should/Ma Bolechhe Korish Na


It's here. In another fortnight, the girls and I will be on stage performing My Mother Said I Never Should/Ma Bolechhe Korish Na, directed by Shuktara Lal (Shuki to you and me). I am so excited about this play. I was also very happy with Proof but this one speaks to me as a mother and a daughter in ways I can never fully list out. I've briefly spoken of my difficulty in acting Payal. That insight helped.

To book donor passes on either of our show dates -- June 18 (Sat) and 19 (Sunday) -- please sms or email me your date(s) of choice, number of passes and the amount you would like to contribute. If you're mailing please remember to include your phone number so I can sms your pass number to you.

As with all Red Curtain productions, the proceeds from the sales will go to support a good cause. In this case, it is Hamari Muskaan, a Kolkata NGO that helps provide mainstream education for the children of sex workers to enable them to carve out a brighter future for themselves. As such, you are welcome to contribute as much or as little as you would like to the initiative. To give you a sense of perspective, do consider how much you would be willing to spend in an evening at a multiplex.

I'm so excited! We went costume-hunting this afternoon and found the most perfect sari for Roma, my grandmother. These little things make my day.

9 comments:

vicky said...

I can get my own pass, need a babysitter.

Aneela Z said...

break a leg. and is that Sharmila Tagore?

Sreetama said...

ish. i wish i could come see. kintu ota okhaney, ami ekhaney.

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

:-)

Break a leg, you :-)

Sue said...

Vicky -- I'm still trying to figure out a way to get you to see the play. I'd babysit -- if I could! Maybe you could ask Dana?

Aneela -- Yes it is and thank you. :)

Sreetama -- Shei. I wish you could come, I have very good vibes about this one.

M4 -- LOL Same to you and many more!

Shuktara said...

I could offer to babysit, I suspect :-)

Shuktara said...

Isn't it strange how we both knew that sari was for Roma? I think we both also knew that no other sari would quite cut it after that.

R's Mom said...

Super! All the best :)

Sue said...

Shuki -- Dana's trying to see if she can work it out. I hope somebody can eventually babysit, if not for these two shows then for a later one.

I know! That saree had her name on it.

R's Mom -- Thanks :)