Friday, June 03, 2011

Happy birthday to you!

Sunny Days, the child of my heart, the sweat of my, er, well, no, no sweat, but you get the idea, is eight today. I remembered the birthday last night but forgot it this morning. Thanks a million, Sole Vita, for reminding me. (It's her birthday too, do go wish her.)

Eight years of blogging makes me one of the oldest bloggers I know, right from the uncertain start where I signed up on Rediff with no clear idea as to what a blog actually was to me today, with my circle of blogging buddies (take a bow, you guys).

Also, I think this is the 950th post out here.

This little blog has seen me through boyfriends and a wedding, several deaths and a birth. It has shown me the power and potential of online friendships and introduced me to so many people I would never had the pleasure of knowing otherwise. It's been featured on the BBC. Honestly speaking, I don't think I could possibly list all the milestones -- after all, milestones are what this space is all about.

So go on, clap your hands and make a wish and let's see what the universe does about it. And if you can manage some cake today, that would be even cooler. After all, isn't that what a birthday is all about?

14 comments:

R's Mom said...

Happy Birthday Blog..its been almost more than 2 years since I have been reading you and I have learnt, loved, admired, understood, relished, and enjoyed a lot many things from here :)

MinCat said...

red velvet cupcakes it was! we just finished em =)

Hiren said...

Happy Birthday Blog, Long live - I came to know about you four years back when a local english daily in Bangalore posted this article - http://sunayanaroy.blogspot.com/2007/05/married-women-should-not-do-orkut.html t

The Orange Cat said...

Jesus. It's been eight years that I've been acquainted with you. I'm glad for that. You provided some invaluable advice along the way, along with lessons through your blog about love and relationships.
Take care, Sunayanadi, and I hope that you remain happy and content.

Unmana said...

Glad to know you, Sue, and happy birthday.

upsilamba said...

Happy Bday, Sue's blog!

Subhashree said...

Awesome girlie... 8 years... too good. congrats and a pat on the back. Happy B'day Sunny days!

Just Like That said...

Happy happies to an awesome blog! :-)Lotsa times I feel humbled by the honesty with which you write...

dipali said...

Happy 8th Birthday, Sunny Days! Long may you be around. Thank you for becoming part of my life,in both the real and virtual worlds.

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Awww! Belated birthday wishes! Wishing you many, many more milestones and blogposts to come!

Sue said...

R's Mom -- Really? Wow. You've left me speechless, you know.

MinCat -- Yay, thank you!

Hiren -- Yes, of course I remember. :)

Orange Cat -- So where are you these days and what are you up to? Still writing?

Unamana -- The feeling's mutual, and thank you? :)

UPSI -- How are? What news?

Subha -- Thanks da. :)

JLT -- Thanks :)

Dipali -- And thank you for entering mine, o stranger off the scary internet. Can't imagine life without you.

M4 -- Thanks :)

Sands said...

Happy b'day Sunny days :) Sole reminded you and me that day to be wished :(

Saya said...

Happy birthday sunny days.. I ve been here a lot and enjoyed it

Sue said...

Sands -- No problem, Sands, thanks :)

Saya -- Thank you :)