Saturday, February 26, 2011

Softness

Two cheeks rasping down, not stubble.

Two lips smacking feathery kisses.

A touch so gentle when I'm ready to explode.

Some days he annoys the hell out of me. But there is never a day when I want him to be a day older or more grown up than he is already. I know he will just be better and better company with age but this softness is something I treasure dearly. Someday, when he watches my triplet granddaughters, he will know exactly what it is all about.

8 comments:

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Very very sweet.

R's Mom said...

Awww! thats such a cute post...bechara once he knows about the triplets he sure is going to shudder :)

Anonymous said...

Triplet granddaughters? Chalet school lover? :)

M

Sparx said...

I keep telling Charlie that when he's big he won't want cuddles anymore. He is promising me future cuddles at the moment. I'll have to keep working on it!

Sue said...

Swapna -- :)

R's Mom -- That's his problem. I think triplet granddaughters will be fun!

M -- LOL I hadn't thought of it that way but yes, I'm a big fan of the series.

Sparx -- Write it down and get him to sign/thumbprint it. ;) Seriously speaking, I think men do want cuddling from their mums from time to time, but they are too busy being grown up to ever admit it!

Sparx said...

Seriously... plus they get all embarrassed once they work out what else boobs are for... Mummy hugs get a little 'gross' I imagine...

Suburban Mumma said...

Awww soo sweet..I just read this one:)

Sue said...

Sparx -- LOL yeah. This reminds me, have you read Room?

Suburban Mumma -- :)