Saturday, February 05, 2011

I am weary

let me rest.

For this last one week I have cried for my son, for how his world's suddenly swung around and all I want to do is curl up and sleep. But there is a little boy who needs the comforting even more than I do. Even as we work together to right things, even as I fight the inclination to hold the world at bay as everybody does all the wrong things, even as I fight his reluctance to accept the changed order of things, all I think of is how much I wish I could close my eyes and sleep it off.

Such a nightmare this week's been. Thank god for Vicky. He has been my strength where I -- to my surprise -- faltered. I've drawn on his infinite balance this week to restore my own. To put aside my own weariness and be the mother and not the child.

13 comments:

Rohini said...

Hugs. Keep repeating my favourite parenting motto - 'This too shall pass'. And with flying colours too

U said...

What happened? sending lots of good wishes your way

Unmana said...

Hope everything's okay, Sue.

Noodlehead said...

hugs sue. hope all's well.

Trish said...

Sue,I don't know what's going on..but as Ro said,"this too shall pass.Hugs!

R's Mom said...

Hugs Sue..hope things are fine now

Anonymous said...

can sense the anguish and hope and pray all will be well soon. stay strong sue.

dk

Just Like That said...

o, what happened? :-( hope all is better, Sue. of course this too shall pass and you shall be your usual indomitable self. Hugs sweetie!

GettingThereNow (Cee Kay) said...

Hugs Sue. As Ro said - this too shall pass. Hugs for the meanwhile.

Subhashree said...

Hugs Sue. Hope things are better now.

vicky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vicky said...

That is why you are the 'maather'!

Sue said...

Everybody -- Thanks for checking in on me/us. Things are much better (touchwood) and your love and scoldings helped. Vicky, go away.