Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thingie Post

Vicky's baby cousin just got married. It's been a really busy time. But in that time, I was reminded of lots of things that I like about the man.

I like him in a suit. He looks really sharp in them, especially with a tie. He also wears a dhuti-punjabi better than most men I know.

I like that he gets me refills and glasses of water and second servings even if I don't ask particularly nicely.

I like how he is resigned to his role in my life as the Jewellery Putter-On.

I also like how he is resigned to however long it takes me to get ready.

But most of all, I like how it doesn't dent his pride in the least bit to help me with my footwear. Now, there's a man for you.

8 comments:

Aneela Z said...

Please to tell Mejopishi that Vicky's profile on shaadi.com just got better.

karmickids said...

Don't forget he drove your friends all around Kolkata. That's a gem of a man....

Noodlehead said...

you know sue, i think i shud the same for the spouse. it's one of those days when i really, truly need to see the good in him :( yaaayy! score two for vicky! now i really want to meet him :) when's a good time to come to cal? durga puja?

Sue said...

Aneela -- If M'pishi is writing the profile out, nothing I can ever say in his praise will come anywhere near what she will have already written.

Kiran -- I did mention that, some posts ago I think. But yes, he didn't have to and I appreciate that he did. :)

Noodle -- LOL This was not to see the good in the man. It was more along the lines of showing the man that I do see the good sides of him!

Durga Puja is a great time to visit Cal if you can deal with carnivals. Else, December.

dipali said...

Given that he is the sock to your shoe, I guess 'tis befitting!

I love the Jewellery Putter-On:)
Of course, being the Jewellery Taker-Off can be even more fun!

The Owl said...

I am confused...why would you need help with your footwear?
I like the idea of a man being the jewellery taker-off :))

The Owl said...

not to mention the fact that he used to feed your baby cousin in her hungry student days :))))

Sue said...

Dipali -- Aw, true that, about the moja. Jewellery Taker-Off yes but I like taking my own jewellery off unless I really need the help. Something so luxurious about taking it off...

Owl/Baby Cousin -- When I was hugely pregnant and could not bend over to do up my sandals he would do them up for me. When I am tired or have my arms full of things he takes my shoes off sometimes. It's one of my little luxuries.

And yes, he has been quite indulgent to J and you! I should post that in a thingie.