Monday, January 10, 2011

Thingie Post

First, everybody who would like to do the thingie, please, feel free. You don't have to use the same name or credit me or even thank me, it's all yours. What I would like, if you are doing such a thing, is for you to leave me a link sometime. I'd love to read your posts.

Now, the thing I like about Vicky on 10 January 2010 is an easy one -- I love how he makes begun bhaja (fried brinjals). He fries them in not very thick circles, nice and salty, with a crisp outer layer that somehow stays crisp, while the inner flesh stays soft. I also like his cheese omelettes, as does the boy.

5 comments:

MinCat said...

excellent! now please can you post his recipe? i LOVE begun bhaja but can never make it right...

Aneela Z said...

The Gman makes a mean omelette as well, the competitive me says lets start a cook-off.

Anonymous said...

Typo in the date Sue :) sorry for pointing it out!

And, I love these posts of yours. It is indeed a great thing to appreciate the people we usually wouldn't in our day-to-day life.

Pallavi

Suchismita said...

Hey, couldn't help delurking. Here's my thingie:

http://suchismitamajumder.wordpress.com/2011/01/14/thingie/

You make wonderful reading. Really.

Sue said...

MinCat -- He slices them thin, just a bit less than 1 cm thick or so. Leaves them marinating in turmeric and salt. And then he fries them and drains them on paper. Don't ask me, I do the same stuff and they don't come out like that. I've watched him very carefully and never seen him do anything else. :(

Aneela -- Totally. We be the judge and we be the jury (said the cunning old Fury).

Pallavi -- LOL So there is. Thanks. :)

I appreciate the man, but I figure if I can crib about him here I can also say some nice things.

Suchismita -- Read that post on the fly when you left the link and didn't have the time to comment -- cute thingie. One of those little things that make such a difference to the day.