Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Aunts Aren't Gentlemen

I spent an hour on the phone with Mejopishi (my aunt) this morning. While chatting of this and that I airily mentioned that I was planning to divorce Vicky sometime soon (my reasons change but you can choose from frustration, annoyance, been with him too long already, bored of the scenery, just feeling cussed etc. Of course, he keeps the boy.)

She jumped at the chance and wanted to know when I was planning to "free" him. So that they could finally find him a proper, "more suitable" wife. Because he is like a son to her and since my brother shows no plans of getting hitched, she'd content herself with settling Vicky well.

All I want to know is, whose side is she on anyway?

11 comments:

Rohini said...

LOL!

Phoenixritu said...

ROFL! Wonderful

R's Mom said...

hehehehe!

Aneela Z said...

an ex-wife who claims of him driving her to
"frustration, annoyance, been with him too long already, bored of the scenery, just feeling cussed etc. Of course, he keeps the Boy"

....that will make inserting the "No Issues" in the matrimonial column tres difficult, Mejopishi

dipali said...

They certainly aren't!!!!!

Sue said...

Ro, Ritu, R's Mom -- So whose side are you on, anyway?

Aneela -- You're my only friend in these parts, dude. *wipes away a sentimental tear*

M'pishi thinks Soubhik Niyogy is one of the nicest things that ever happened to the family. She's biased like that.

Dipali -- No, they certainly are not!

eve's lungs said...

What nonsense Aunt Dahlia was one , you remember ?

U said...

Oh God, sounds like all my aunts and my parents. They are all on A's side.

dipali said...

I was so tempted to say, 'They certainly aunt!'

E said...

Oye ve!!! I feel for Vicky......

Sue said...

Evie -- Aunt Dahlia most certainly was not a gentleman. Ask her nephews!

U -- Disown the lot, I say.

Dipali -- *resolutely ignores the Dipali*

E -- We could swap lives for a month, I don't mind. :)