Monday, October 25, 2010

The Art of the Metaphorical Insult

Li'lpet, the 4 year old Suzie Derkins to Rahul's Calvin, mostly manages to wind Suhrid, her father, quite easily around her little finger. But every now and then Suhrid feels the need to Take a Stand and accordingly, tries to do so.

Recently he felt such a need and told her categorically that she couldn't have her way because he was bigger. Unable to fault the awful logic of this, Li'lpet stomped away in a fury.

Just as Suhrid was starting to breathe again, about to congratulate himself on a job well done, she stomped back up to him, pointed a quivering finger in his face and said, in ringing tones, "Tui Made in China!"

(You are Made in China.)

You may have heard a more inventive, comprehensive and altogether wittier insult.

I have not.

10 comments:

Aneela Z said...

This is brilliant. Duly noted in diary and waiting for an occasion to use it (Lilpet makes me want to have a posse and she could be MVP)

dipali said...

What a wonderful child! And an amazing insult!!!!!

Just Like That said...

WoW! That's a brilliant insult from a 4 yr old. hahaha I'd have loved to see the Pa's face. LOL

Mama - Mia said...

hahahaha!! :)

catchingbubbles said...

hahahaha..that was so funny.
Made my boring Monday afternoon more bearable:)

DewdropDream said...

Oh this is brilliant! hahahaha!!!

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S.!!!

GettingThereNow said...

ROFL!!!!

Rimi said...

I want to meet this precious darling! I do, I do!

Sue said...

Aneela -- She's a rockstar. Really. Last month she was Paul and this month she's Ringo. Need I say more?

Dipali -- I don't call her Suzie Derkins for nothing. She can control our Calvin with one raised eyebrow when she so chooses.

JLT -- Oh, he was so proud he forgot to win the battle, I believe.

Abha, DewdropDream, M4, Cee -- :)

Catchingbubbles -- It's brightened my week every time I've thought about it.

Priyanka -- You most certainly do!