Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Nessie in the Box

A recent Babycentre mail recommended giving Rahul a box to play with. Funnily enough, a couple of days before that, I had done exactly that. My new microwave oven -- I call it You Fabulous Machine You, affectionately shortened to YFMY -- came in a nice, big box that I wanted to turn into a play house for him. But the days blurred on and the box remained untouched so I eventually just gave it to him, suggesting he make a house out of it himself.

He loved it. Stored his favourite toys in it. When Li'lpet came to visit, he dragged her into it and shut the 'doors' so that she wouldn't leave at bedtime. And when I got home from work one day, he showed me who else had made it home... the Loch Ness monster, no less.


An inner view of the 'house':


Note the stool that he has more or less appropriated. Also the "Poocruck" (Pooh truck) on its side.

Last seen, the box had become Vicky's bullseye for practising with his new bow and arrows.I suppose it's true what they say about the Y chromosome gang never really growing up.

9 comments:

Gayatri said...

- oh yes my achu started off with one box and then we had to hunt for boxes all around ...he was addicted to it for awhile!
- and about the y chromosome...bullseye :)

E said...

"Poohcruck"- Now I have it in my mind for the rest of the day!!(already repeated that over like a hundred times in the last 3 minutes since I spotted it).... Sue!

eve's lungs said...

Poohcruck - yes ! Boxes are good places for little boys to play in :)

Sue said...

Gayatri -- LOL They're all the same, these mens.

E -- Not you too! Vicky says it all the time. Ah well, the perils of being E-pinni. ;)

Evie -- I have another plan for the box now. Heh heh. Will mail.

How do we know said...

oh it looks totally lovely!! i shld have done that with Ishaan..

Thinking Cramps said...

I love Nessie's head poking out of the box! Rahul's really been so creative with setting this up. Wishing him many hours of fun (and you - many hours of peace) as he plays with it!

Padma said...

Why is it that whenever I read your posts about Rahul, they remind me of something I've done in my childhood? :) This reminded me of the playhouses I made out of random boxes lying around the house. I had cute little dolls that went in though, instead of poohcrucks (insert a long-drawn awwwww here)

Sue said...

How do we know -- So do it now!

Ana -- The new flood of toys that arrived on his birthday relegated the box to a corner of the room, I'm afraid. Now, of course, he's in Vizag.

Padma -- Awwww. :) I played house under those big, black umbrellas and also under Ma's sewing machine. You should post some photos, you know.

Wayneydoj said...

Poohcruck - yes ! Boxes are good places for little boys to play in :)