Wednesday, August 25, 2010

In Which Vicky Is Left Speechless. Again.

Vicky admires his latest acquisition -- a Burrago scale model of a Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR MM 1955.

"Oh no," says he, "the gullwing doors don't open up that much."

"Hmm" say I.

"The steering doesn't work properly," says he.

"These Italians clearly don't know how to design cars," say I.

"!!!" says he.

...

I get into bed and catch him reading some kind of trash by our night light (the streetlamp outside our bedroom window.)

"What is that you're reading?" say I, "One of my trashy Mills'n'Boons?"

"Certainly not," says he with withering scorn.

"Well, that was the only stuff that was there on the bed." note I.

His response is to show me the cover of his Irving Wallace.

"Same thing," say I.

"!!!" says he.

4 comments:

Gayatri said...

- way to go gal :)

dipali said...

:)

kaichu said...

beautiful, beautiful.

Sue said...

:)