Friday, August 06, 2010

In Which Even Vicky Is Left Speechless

V: Tumi bondhuderke bolo je tumi doodhwala'r moton botol niye jao ar ora [censored] moton botol niye jae.
R: Ami "doodh-kala" na... Ami doodh na...!
V: O, tumi "doodh-kola" nawo? Toh tumi ki?
R: Ami shudhu Sharab-i Niyogy.
V: !!!

Translation

V: You tell your friends that you carry your bottle like the doodhwala (milkman) while they carry theirs like [censored -- Vicky ought to be ashamed of himself, really]
R: I'm not a "doodh-kala" ("milk-banana")... I'm not a milk...!
V: Oh, so you're not a "doodh-kola"? So what are you, then?
V: I'm only Sharab-i (Alcoholic) Niyogy.
V: !!!

13 comments:

GettingThereNow said...

ROFL!!! I love this kind of conversations with 3-something year olds! The BEST age for such conversations, really. Before this, they don't really understand everything and after this they get too smart.

starry eyed said...

LOL!

Rohini said...

Hilarious! :D

R's Mom said...

hahahahah! its so funny :)

Casuarina said...

ROFLMAO !

Sue said...

Cee -- True. Although 4 looks quite interesting too.

Everybody -- I'm telling you, Vicky just walked up to me and very seriously told me, "This one, I did not say. He said it himself, please note."

And Rahul pronounces Sharabh like any silly Bong -- drawing out the "a"s just a bit.

hack said...

brilliant, brilliant

S said...

bechara vicky...

Spin said...

Haha, this was just waiting to happen. Sharabi Niyogi. Hahahahhahhahahahahaha.

Spin said...

And hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahhahahaha.

Uttara said...

heh heh, it even rhymes!

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Hehehehe!! Oh, love this!

Sue said...

Spin -- Indeed!

Uttara -- So it does.

Everybody -- I resigned myself to him being called that when I named him but I didn't know he'd say it himself first!