Sunday, June 06, 2010

Red Marker Blogathon Update 3


Folks! I love your posts, keep them coming.

And the links, oh god, such hilarious links to non-RMB posts. My favourite has to be Kalai on the mispronunciation of names.

Then, we have our first dissenter: MiM disapproves of such activism and calls on you to say Shoo to the Sue. (I know, it's a bit of a tongue twister after a 'happy' Saturday night.) Go agree or disagree. And if you're Dipali, feel free to pun on my poor, mistreated nickname. Not that she needs permission, that one.

Ughsome objects to illegal linguistic couplings (linguistic adultery?).

Itchy reverts back, literally, with tales of loins and ferocious dogs.

R's Mom learns to distinguish between babies and babas
. Dude, did you know we Bongs call our dads Baba? Just to confuse you even more.

Momo's Ma gets confused over the vagaries of English as adopted by various communities.

I think that's all for today but if you've left me a link and you find I haven't posted it, please mail it to me directly. I'm waiting for permission for one more link (I'm not sure the blogger posted for RMB exactly) and so far I haven't seen anything I'm not happy to include, so if your link isn't here it's only by mistook.

It's a peaceful Sunday in my part of the world. Hope you are having a good one too.

Updated to add:
Mispronunciation gets Prashanti's goat.

7 comments:

dipali said...

You are sue right, I don't need your permissisuen to pun, young lady!

MRC said...

And on a tangent, has anyone seen the Tata Sky ad where the lady goes from sad hinglish to correcting the pro-nun-see-ay-shun of those who admire the change in hers? That said, Im not a stickler for grammar though,mainly because I cant remember the rules, ever.

Prashanti :) said...

thanks for the linkup Sue !!! ..I have been a lurker here for quite a while and am glad to delurk :)

Sue said...

Dipali -- Words fail me. It's most unfair that your name does not lend itself to as much punning as mine!

MRC -- No, I haven't seen the ad but it sounds quite annoying.

Prashanti -- Welcome, then. Nice to have you delurk. :)

dipali said...

I'd say that that dipends, young Sue!
Look in the dipths of your suel, and you will find even worse puns on my wholly dipendable name.

Itchingtowrite said...

Since MIM says go ahead and misspell- here goes- KOLKATTA

Sue said...

Dipali -- Dipsite your diplightful training, I have yet to reach your dipzying heights. (Or do I mean dipths?)

Naah, you do it much better. Or worse, depending on your POV!

Itchy -- I wouldn't expect any other spelling from people who live out in the boondocks, you know.