Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Red Marker Blogathon -- The End


RMB ends today.

Some last minute entries came scooting in:

Shub made a list of things which get her goat.

The Footloose Doll makes her own helter-skelter list
.

And at the very end, an endearing post from Cee on her older daughter S learning to speak Hindi in a non-Hindi atmosphere.

Thank you, everybody, for your participation. Over 50 posts, a dozen or so links -- wow, you guys really know how to make a blogathon go.

I know I didn't promise any prizes... But it would really make my day if you guys would take the time for a coffee and some chocolate cake for yourselves some time this week. Think of it as an extended virtual RMB party. :)

UPDATE
I made a cinnamon chocolate bundt last night and Vicky made me some coffee this morning. You can see me reflected in the face of the clock!

14 comments:

starry eyed said...

Wowie...will go get that cake right away! Thanks for starting this off!

Listen, you're tagged in the 'My Sins against Gender stereotypes' http://starsinmeyes.wordpress.com/2010/06/30/my-sins-against-gender-stereotypes/

Sue said...

Starry -- Thanks for the tag. :) Enjoy your cake!

GettingThereNow said...

Will Chai and cake, instead of coffee and cake, do? :)

Thinking Cramps said...

Yay for all of us. Thanks for initiating this blogathon. It really got us all going. Enjoyed it :)

Itchingtowrite said...

Whoa!! thanks Sue! I had a good time doing these posts and reading up the wonderful RMB links.

Now pls "return back" with another new blogathon!

dipali said...

It was a wonderful Blogathon, Sue!
Plam some more, soon:)

Sue said...

Cee -- Of course chai and cake will do!

Ana -- Thanks, I loved the enthusiasm too. Can't get over how many people jumped in.

Itchy, Dipali -- Will need another bright idea. :)

Itchingtowrite said...

arrree, how could we not cover the word Lingerie (said LINGER- Y by most people instead of Lonjary). yesterday I used the Red marker on someone in office and he was repeating this word like 10 times to himself !!!

pinashpinash said...

Cake and coffee.. I love ur cup and would to taste a piece of that cinnamon and chocolate blend

Ashes

Sue said...

Itchy -- Next round! :)

Ashes -- Thanks. The the link to the cake recipe is on another post, I think.

Richa said...

Well.. I really don't like either coffee or chocolate cake. can I substitute it with a peanut butter ice cream and some coke?

Sue said...

Richa -- Sure, why not. *toasts Richa with a coconut macaroon*

indianhomemaker said...

I enjoyed following the RMB posts too :)

I even thought of submitting, 'Every blogger should mind their language.' but wasn't sure it qualified because it wasn't as much about grammar as gender :)

The cake looks great :)

Sue said...

IHM -- Hey, I wish you'd told me. Another blogger submitted a post that was more about gender politics in language but RMB is about language, not grammar, so anything goes.

I read the post and wished I could have it, to be honest. Silly us. :)