Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sojourner Truth

Just stumbled upon this little speech I really liked.

My favourite part is
Then they talk about this thing in the head; what's this they call it? [member of audience whispers, "intellect"] That's it, honey. What's that got to do with women's rights or negroes' rights? If my cup won't hold but a pint, and yours holds a quart, wouldn't you be mean not to let me have my little half measure full?
Lovely, just lovely.

On that note of humorous cheer and confidence, subho naba barsha to you and yours. May the new year (1417 according to the Bengali calendar) treat you well.

3 comments:

dipali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dipali said...

Such a wonderful speech! Thanks.
Subho naba barsha to you and your family too.

Nisha said...

oSubho naba barsha to you and your family.. came over from 'INDIBLOGGER'.. my first time on your blog, i already love it :)