Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Still Trying to Understand Why I Married Him

A conversation in the car:

Me: I think it's time Baba got over this peculiar guilt he feels towards you.

Vicky: What guilt?

Me: Oh, he feels that you didn't get anything when we got married, that I got all the jewellery and the trousseau and you only got the Mac and some model cars, even Ally* was secondhand and mine... I don't know why he persists with this because, really, he didn't get anything either when he got married and he's always been fine with that... Besides, you got me.

V: Maybe that's where the guilt arises.


*Ally is our car, a blue Alto I bought off Baba just before my marriage.

14 comments:

dipali said...

And he's still alive!
You are one forgiving spouse:)

Phoenixritu said...

ROFL! That is quick witted

Saya said...

I always imagined ally to be an alto.. somehow..

Beq said...

um...ahem...boring

debo said...

hahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHaaaa that really is a funny boy...

Doli said...

hahahahhahah too good!

E said...

tsk tsk....

B o o said...

A very similar conversation took place between my husband and *are you sitting down for this?* my mother!!! We are too forgiving, Sue! *bangs head*

Sue said...

Dipali -- Indeed I am!

Ritu -- Well, occasionally he shows signs of intelligence, I do not deny that.

Saya -- LOL Because she is? A lovely smokey blue one.

Beq -- Run along and play, child.

Debo, Doli -- :D

E -- I know!

Boo -- *bangs head alongside*

Mom Gone Mad said...

Zinger fra the man. From Love - 40 to game over;-)

Chalo, no action taken? No..err privileges revoked?

Vintage Rings said...

A very similar conversation has been taken place between my husband and me. I still not able to understand Why I got married with him only. Sometime I think it happens in every couple but sometime I think it is very big mistake done by me.

Sue said...

MGM -- Revoking privileges cuts off my nose to spite my, er, face, innit?

Vintage Rings -- Not to worry, I wake up most mornings convinced marrying Vicky was an absolutely mad idea. This particularly happens during school mornings.

Just Like That said...

LOL! I agree with you- his sense of humour is wicked :-D

Sue said...

JLT -- Mean, that's the word.