Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Anticipation

Soumya is having a baby next month. Which, if you think about it, is a very few short weeks away.

I was the first to get married and do the mothering thing. She got married shortly after me and is now catching up on the mothering thing. Esha, of course, has been mothering her sister's kids from much before.

I think we can now officially lay claim to grownupness.

I'm extremely excited about my little nephew-t0-be, as you may imagine. Here is what I made for him:


Little green booties with green and yellow braided laces to come home in. These were surprisingly easy to knit. I'm tempted to make more, they look so adorable when finished. I no longer know which site I got the pattern from, but luckily I still have the instructions on a printout.


A little vest for his first winter. This vest, made in the pattern I posted earlier, has a few mistakes but it was fun to knit. My first stripes! Also, check out the froggie buttons.


Rahul chose those himself. I wonder when we'll all ever meet. The likelihood of us being in the same country, far less the same city, seem low for a long time to come.

Anyway, so I'm very excited about Soumya's baby, as he is currently known. When he does arrive, I shall hasten to give him some perfectly ridiculous nickname, of course.

6 comments:

Rohini said...

some. Love the froggie buttons...

Sue said...

Thanks, Ro :)

Aathira said...

Froggie buttons...:) Awesome!

Sweetness said...

Very cute...

Sue said...

Thanks, guys. :)

Just Like That said...

awesome knits.