Monday, December 14, 2009

Knotty Knitting

As you may have noticed from my FB status lines, I've been knitting for a while. I decided to try my hand at a baby vest, this time in a size that would fit an actual baby. I even found the original vest that had inspired me and counted the stitches and thought the size was going be a cinch this time.

I've been knitting and knitting and gone up to nearly 4" of rows. And now I find that I'm using really big needles (a couple of sizes too big) so I have about 4" inches, nearly 5" more knitting than I needed.

I'm going to make a rotten grandmother.

6 comments:

Mama - Mia said...

so will it fit rahul then?! :)

oh there is a lot of time for you to practice till you become grandma!!

me, i made a hairband and half a bootie and gave up! at school! never picked em up again, them needles!

cheers!

Subhashree said...

You learned only now? Where? I don't know to knit, but I'd love to learn.

Rimi said...

Chhobi koi, chhobi?

Sue said...

Abha -- Actually, jokes apart, it will indeed fit Rahul! I'm done with three-fourths of it and it looks like it'll fit him just fine.

Subha -- I was taught at school but I forgot it all. Then I tried to learn from my aunt during my Uni years but gave it up after a fight with my dad (don't ask). Tried again last year but my baby vests were too small for newborns. This year the booties should fit an actual baby and the vest will fit Rahul, LOL.

I'll be doing a post on the booties with the pattern I used and the videos that helped. It's not that difficult.

Rimi -- Oi post-e thakbey. But such darling little green booties with the most precious little green and yellow braided laces. I keep admiring them.

Anonymous said...

Sue, you awe me... first this knitting business, then the Kanta Tarana is lying on... you are a cool aunt to these kids.

Subha

Sue said...

Subha -- Thanks, man.