Friday, December 04, 2009

Dreaming

He would build me a large house with high, spacious rooms, quirky little verandahs, bow windows with window seats and cunning little cabinets, lots of greenery in between paved paths in the gardens, a fountain, a kitchen with all the latest mod cons and a breakfast counter, a long room for a library and an outhouse to call my own. I would actually live in one small, cosy room though. The rest of the space would be for me to venture out into, enjoy, invite friends over in, allow guests to fill up and for me to shut out when I retreat into my small room (with attached bathroom).

In response to Itchy's question: If Maya were to build you a palace, what would it be like?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am currently reading the book...And, if you haven't yet read it, I suggest you do...It is a refreshing perspective on Draupadi...

Palsworld

dipali said...

Your dream house sounds lovely! I need to dream of mine:)

DotThoughts said...

sigh. you will invite me, right?

Gymnast said...

oh , if you havent thought of an architect for it yet , can i offer my services ?

Just wait for six months till i finish my course :-)

Sue said...

Pallavi -- I read it some six months ago. That's why I was so interested in Itchy's post.

Dipali -- Dream on, dude. Nothing like castles in the air to cheer one up.

Dottie -- Your invitation is of the standing, don't bother to call variety.

Gymnast -- LOL! Sure, if you want to design me a house I wouldn't mind.

Deepa said...

I built myself my own palace. Okay...clarification...chota sa:-)

Sue said...

Deepa -- Arre, chhota ya bada, badiya toh hai na?

Do people call you Sunil babu? :D

rohini said...

gr8 house ,,,, thnk god atlkeast we get dream to see such beautiful houses...hihihhi

Gayatri said...

- nice house that is sue
- don't forget to dream for those extra hands ( ur own or maybe servants :b) u'll need to maintain that house of urs girl :)

Sue said...

Ro -- What are dreams for if not to live in?

Gayatri -- The best part of Maya's house was the built-in caretaker service, so to speak!