Friday, November 20, 2009

OCD, Anyone?

Last night Dana, Shuki and I went out for coffee. (Yes, like every other time we've done this, we end up staying out far, far, far later than I meant to. So what?) We went to the the Coffee World/Fudge and Cream Factory that has opened up opposite Ballygunge Ice Skating Rink.

Their food is great although I'm still disappointed the waffle maker wasn't working, but their service is more friendly than efficient. And their ambience focuses more on providing semi-comfortable seating than it does on ensuring that their patrons can actually communicate with one another or, indeed, with the servers! In other words, the music system was bloody loud.

Trying to make the best of things, there was this one electrifying moment when Dana completely lost her shit and screamed out "Shut up!" mid-sentence and once I'd gotten over the fact that she hadn't just yelled at me, I wanted to jump up and hug her. Because, people, we all know it's bad manners and not quite what Ms. Post would like us to do, but for one second there, it was what I wanted to do. Just tell the people to shut the music up so we could actually hear ourselves talk.

And in the Metro this morning I found myself cursing out some utter morons travelling in the same compartment as me. Bloody rude, illiterate, totally kickable fuckfaces. And they weren't even actually doing something especially bad. Some days I would give a great deal to actully be Jack Nicholson from As Good As It Gets but if you ever tell Beq I admitted this I will totally deny it.

Sue is now leaving the building. She will be back next Monday. And just to rub it in, she will be in Delhi over the weekend, eating good food. There, you can go back to your miserable lives now.

6 comments:

Jassie said...

Jack Nicholson!

Aathira said...

Everyone is going to Delhi... me too wanna go!

teendudes said...

I have never been either to Delhi or Kolkatta....

Rhea Silvia said...

i am envying your Delhi foodering, and hopefully adding to gtalk list, because i am randomly strange like that only.

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Have fun in Delhi! *she said with a huge pout*

Just wanted to let you know that you is in my today's post... http://mammamiameamamma.blogspot.com/2009/11/one-with-noddy-in-it-yos-3rd-birthday.html

Sue said...

Jassie -- LOL, yes, thanks.

Aathira -- Delhi is very welcoming in this season.

Teendudes -- It's either Calcutta or Kolkata, you know.

Rhea -- No point adding me, sorry. I'm never online.

M4 -- To continue the conversation from your post, do you guys want to meet up sometime in December?