Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fathers and Sons

While I was having a quick shower on Sunday I heard Vicky and Rahul having some sort of an argument. At one point, after a brief silence, I heard the boy squealing like a stuck pig. I thought they were playing but he was actually wailing, “Chaado!” which is Babble for chharo (let go) and this went on for a good few minutes. I got annoyed and opened the door, ready to give them both a piece of my mind for not even letting me bathe in peace.

What I saw was Vicky calmly sitting on the edge of the bed holding Rahul firmly in place over his knees. This was Vicky’s way of punishing him for some misdemeanour or the other. When he was satisfied, he replaced Rahul on his feet and they both went their way, honour satisfied.

I looked on, spluttering.

These Niyogys make no sense to me at all.

6 comments:

Subhashree said...

Lol!

starry eyed said...

Moms are not allowed to bathe in peace. It's a law. Really.

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Men don't make sense. No matter what the age or size, they just don't. Period.

and @ starry eyed: You said it! Spot on!

eve's lungs said...

Aw poor Rahul but let men be men ( thanks God fervently for granting her just the one)

Mona said...

LOL!
these men!

Sue said...

Subha, Mon -- :)

Starry -- *sigh*

M4 -- You got a point there. ;)

Evie -- Well, they're good for comic value, I admit. Not to mention blog posts.