Saturday, July 04, 2009

Out of the Mouths of... Idiots

Rahul was playing on his new bed while we sat on ours having our breakfast of radhaballobi-alur dum. Since both my hands were occupied I was trying to distract him from fiddling with the table fan by pointing out random things every time his attention wandered fan-wards.

After I'd exhausted pretty much all else I desperately looked for inspiration and started calling out the stuff written on his t-shirt.

Dekho, baNdor, baNdorta koi? Oi dekho, 1982, oi 1982'r baNdor ta koi?

("Look, there's a monkey, where's the monkey? Oh see, there's 1982, now where's that monkey from 1982?")

In case you're scratching your head looking for the joke here, I must point out that I'll be 27 years old this birthday.

Vicky's already called up my parents and M'pishi and shared the 'joke'. I think I will divorce the man one of these days.

8 comments:

Monika,Ansh said...

lol

dipali said...

:):):)

Casuarina said...

Well, here's a thought : I think you're infinitely more evolved than the 'bnador'-s :D

Sole said...

What a cutie he is..

The Marauder's Map said...

Oh my, looking so grown-up! Why why WHY do they have to grow up so fast?

desk said...

Just what I was thinking. He's a proper Boy now, not a Baby.

Srin

Sue said...

Monika, Dipali -- :)

Casuarina -- I'm flattered!

Sole -- Yes, I still don't know how he did it...

Marauder's Map -- They only do it to annoy, because they know it teases. Because they know it makes their Babus cry, that's why.

Desk -- But he calls himself a baby, LOL! BTW, how many more name changes are you planning to make??

Screenage Scribbler said...

Cool, funny and lovely !