Wednesday, July 01, 2009

He Really Doesn't Deserve Me

Me: So, when I die, I want you to play Father Figure at my shaad (baby shower)… no, dammit, I mean shraddha (funeral).

V: (patently uninterested) What’s that?

Me: (rolling my eyes) Michael Jackson, silly! Dammit, I mean George Michael.

V: Hmmm…

Me: (tearful) You wouldn’t respect my final wish, is this how you’d treat the only wife you have…

V: (cutting in) But this is not your final wish, I’m sure you’ll come up with plenty more in the years to come.

I can’t decide if he’s laughing at me, telling me he would like me to live long, shuddering at the prospect of my longevity or… if he’s just laughing at me. For my next husband I’m picking one who doesn’t make it a hobby to laugh at me!

11 comments:

Mama - Mia said...

:)

you mean this conversation was meant to be taken seriously! :p

cheers!

abha

Sue said...

Abha -- Why not? :P

Poppins said...

Goes off to listen to Father Figure. A long time since I heard George Michael, good looking bloke no? Pity.

Mama - Mia said...

pity that he is gay Poppy?!

Sue - yeah why not! if its tears we wanna shed, shed we shall! :p

Sue said...

Poppy -- Yeah, he's really hot. Esp in this song. ;)

Abha -- ;) BTW he's bisexual, from all I've heard, not gay. So there's hope for Poppy.

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Hahaha! Serves ypu right madam Sue! You've married your match!

And Abha, he WAS straight, then he WAS bi and now he's absolutely, totally and irrevocably gay! He's even married his gay partner, Kenny (I think that's his name). Why do I know so much? Be cause I sail in the same boat as Poppy's... plus, when I used to be jobless, I used to watch a lot of Oprah! :)

dipali said...

Sue, I don't think there exists a husband who doesn't make it a hobby to laugh at his wife:(
it's part of the Husband's Manual- they all have to take a pledge:(
May as well stick with the one you know!

Casuarina said...

A hilarious rollercoaster of a conversation...seriously nite parlam na even after several serious efforts ! :D

GettingThereNow said...

With Dipali. You'll have to look reeeeee-ally hard!

Sole said...

A tag ...please take it up! Thank You :-)

http://liferightnow.wordpress.com/2009/07/02/whome/

Sue said...

M4 -- I'm convinced he's bi gone monogamous. So if he were to divorce his partner I would totally jump at him. ;)

Dipali -- Known evil, eh? You have a point there.

Casuarina -- At least you tried.

Cee -- These mens. :(

Sole -- Will do, thanks.