Friday, June 19, 2009

In Love, you'll improve your relationship by being honest.

That’s what my horoscope told me this morning. So I confessed all to Vicky. How, for a fortnight now, no matter what time I left for work, I found this man going down Park Street at the very time that I needed to cross the street. How he never looked directly at me, but surely it couldn’t be a coincidence that he would do this every single morning, whether I was there at 10.30 or at 11. How I didn’t like to read too much into it and I’m sure he’s quite a gentleman really, but you know, I am a married woman and we, er, need to be careful of our reputations and I wouldn’t want Vicky to think that I had anything, er, going on with the CM.



Yes, if you’re wondering, he only gave me one of those looks he reserves for me. Serve him right if Mr Bhattacharya were indeed stalking me. Humph.

15 comments:

Mystic Margarita said...

Mr. Basu, the ex-CM? or Mr. Bhattacharya?

Sue said...

Mystic -- Thanks, LOL! Total typo over there. Even I wouldn't joke about being stalked by the ex CM. ;)

Mystic Margarita said...

Lol! It would take a lot of stamina and effort for a nonagenarian to stalk someone, even one as pretty as you!

Sue said...

Mystic -- Aaargh. Scary thought that. How could you put it in my mind??? Not all the compliments in the world will take it away.

But this was a very funny coincidence, actually. I get such a kick out of seeing the CM go by. He looks just like his pictures! :)

Aneela Z said...

Hmm I had one of those (aspiring towards stalker-dom not CM type) growing up..we called him Accusingly Yours as he would just give you one of those looks "as how could you" every morning.

Mama - Mia said...

:D

is a person being stalked by a celebrity also known as celebrity stalker?! :p

cheers!

Monika,Ansh said...

lol............i was getting worried reading your post.....till I saw the CM line

stringOfPearls said...

That was really funny :)... I am still chuckling lead to think about un lurking and leaving a comment.

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Hehehe! Serve him right indeed!

saptarshi said...

He stalks me too! I swear. At park circus crossing.

dipali said...

@I'm seriously worried now that he's stalking Saptarshi too!

Just Like That said...

LOL! I LOVE your sense of humour:-D

Subhashree said...

Absolutely, you need to be really honest in your relationship. So it was very righteous on your part to disclose this most important matter to Vicky ;p

Pipette's Mimi said...

umm..i am lost...who is CM?? or was the stalker..vicky himself?*Looks Confused*

Sue said...

Aneela -- Accusingly Yours! LOL, that's a good one.

Abha -- *groan*

Monika -- ;)

String -- LOL! Whatever works, dude.

M4 -- Of course!

Saptarshi -- You too! No wonder he doesn't look me in the eye when he passes me by. *looks heartbroken*

Dipali -- LOL!

JLT -- Vicky doesn't. :(

Vicky -- Well, I wish he'd taken it more seriously. :P

Pipette's Mimi -- Chief Minister, silly. Come back to desh!