Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers Day 2009

I know I'm late but I spent the weekend doing stuff with you two (when not working) and that seems like an acceptable reason for a late post.

You've been a Work from Home Father for seven months now. I just wanted to say I can't think of anybody who'd do your job better. (I would, of course, but then I'm perfect and I wouldn't want you to compare yourself to perfection.)

Like I told you some weeks ago, some day our son is going to make a great father. I can see the signs in him. The willingness to make fun of critters smaller than him, the ability to create mess, mayhem and madness out of nothing on a Sunday morning, the inclination to throw himself headlong into a sulk at the drop of a hat... he'll have learnt it all from YOU.

Muah, baby. You're a fab Baba.

11 comments:

Mama - Mia said...

:D

it took me time to realise I am a mom, but M's fatherhood was just so obvious! :D

lovely lovely post!

cheers!

abha

shub said...

Love this post. "I can see the signs in him. The willingness to make fun of critters smaller than him, the ability to create mess..." you're a riot!

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Aaah love! Such depth of feeling! It just leaps straight out of the screen and nips me on the nose!

Sue said...

Abha -- I'd tell myself slow and steady wins the race. ;)

Shub -- I am, na?

M4 -- Not that I aim to be rude but you do realise you're just begging to be called a 'Nose'y Parker?

Sole said...

Ahh...work from home father sounds like bliss. Lovely and happy post Sue! Hope these happy days continue.

dipali said...

Remember that last line, Sue, always:)

GettingThereNow said...

What do I say except LOL!!

Thinking Cramps said...

Are THOSE the signs of a good father...hmmm, I guess I had it wrong all this time!

Well said, Sue, this was funny and sweet too.

Just Like That said...

You're so generous :-D ROFL!

Casuarina said...

LOL...it seems all men are born naturals when it comes to fatherhood, if one considers the implications...! :D

Casuarina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.