Sunday, March 22, 2009

Career of Choice: Housewife

It’s been a crazy couple of weeks. The agency finally decided to make me earn my salary and that translated into working weekends and long days. That plus a more than usually absent-minded and stressed out Vicky meant going home was becoming a daily exercise in self-restraint.

It’s been easier this week. Not that Vicky’s got his act together so much, but work’s been more manageable.

Still, given the way things are likely to get every now and then, I told Vicky one morning, “I need a wife, you know.”

His reply? “So do I.”

So now you know who’s not getting any without some serious apologising.

8 comments:

dipali said...

I think I need a wife too!
Useful people to have around:)

Aathira said...

Ouch!

Just Like That said...

LOL!
But seriously, that's something I always tell the husband too! Imagine never having to feel responsible for all the maddenning jobs- only feeling you're doing a MAJOR gesture by 'helping' out - and that too once in a while.... Gah!

Eve* aka JB said...

hahaha. i SO agree with that feeling and the bloody sheer cheek of replying with the same. I also get the "i dont threaten you with no sex when you dont behave yourself." At that point usually there's another 'discussion' on how i am not a pup and therefore dont need to "behave"...

Mama - Mia said...

oh well! so now a third person will apply?! :p

cheers!

Subhashree said...

Ouch. I understand, similar sitch at the crazy household :(

Munchkin said...

He said that?! Ghor kalyug!

Sue said...

Dipali -- Yes, wives do have that unique quality.

Aathira -- Yes. :(

JLT -- Well, Vicky's doing stuff around the house. Just can't understand why he doesn't save himself time and extra effort and not make a mess in the first place!

JB -- :) I didn't say no sex, I said no sex sans abject apologies.

Abha -- I wouldn't mind if a third person did apply, I think!

Subha -- Mean men we married, I tell you.

Avanti -- Exactly!