Monday, January 12, 2009

Respect

I was just watching this advertisement and I suddenly remembered how, in movie halls when the national anthem is played, the whole hall rises. First one person, then groups, some laughing, some taunting, but everybody rises. Some sing. Everybody stands as straight as they know how. And somehow, they stand till the end. It would be so easy to sit down or just keep lounging in the first place now that we no longer have our school teachers sneaking up behind us to check. Nobody sits, though.

It's a nice feeling.

9 comments:

Artnavy said...

it is a very unifying feeling

saptarshi said...

Very very touching ad. Thank you for posting :)

D said...

I even sing the national anthem loud!

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Yes, I love the feeling.

Mama - Mia said...

:)

i have tears in my eyes and goosebumps all over (which dont have to do with the A/C) everytime i hear the anthem! its just beautiful.

cheers!

abha

the mad momma said...

sorry. this is about the previous post. I just wanted to smirk :D

dipali said...

Yes, it is always so moving.

Shuktara said...

That was lovely; thanks for posting.

Sue said...

Art -- Yes, exactly.

Saptarshi, Shuki -- You're welcome.

D -- Good for you!

M4, Dipali -- It feels good at a time when all you read about is secessionists.

Abha -- You too? I get them sometimes.

MM -- :)