Friday, January 23, 2009

A quick note

...to all of you who've sent me friend requests over these last few months on Orkut/FB. I've already denied some and will deny all the others from people I've never met because:

1. I barely spend any time on either apart from using the FB status update as a form of Twitter.
2. I stopped adding people I don't know off the 'net -- I stopped nearly a year ago because it just felt very pseudo from my side. I'm there to keep in touch with the people I know. Friends I make elsewhere.

So it really is nothing against you as such. But really, if all I know of you is a link in my stat counter, it's difficult for me to know if I can let you into more trusted circles. My concept of privacy is a little weird no doubt (given the quality of this blog) but I find it weird adding people when I don't even know who they are (say they blog anonymously or are lurkers).

You see, I'm getting old after all. I do hope you understand.

9 comments:

Mama - Mia said...

we have met once!

can i pls add you as my frand! :p

cheers!

abha

chandni said...

chalo maine to time pe add kar liya :D

Even though I haven't met you yet, I think we know more about each other than just being links in stats yes?

Munchkin said...

phew! so i just about made the cut ,huh! but i completely understand your point of view :)

Parul said...

Are you planning to delete me?

Have you already deleted me?

I better check.

Monika,Ansh said...

I am just like that too!.

Sue said...

Abha -- :P

Chandni, Parul -- Both of you I knew as bloggers, and you were also friends of people I knew. Jokes apart, that's good enough for me. I just find that I'm uncomfortable adding completely unknown people.

Avanti -- You and I exchanged mails and baby pics. :) You could say we're friends.

Monika -- :)

chandni said...

*heaves a sigh of relief*
:D

the mad momma said...

phew. i've been dying to write this post. maybe i'll just copy yours.

Sue said...

Chandni -- :P

MM -- :D