Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Le grande finale

So some blog awards were hopping around and a couple hopped my way and I would like to acknowledge them before they become last year's news.

Kiran, D and Abha all thought that Sunny Days is
a blog that invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.
In turn, I think that these bloggers promote proximity:

Dipali
Sunita
The Mad Momma
JAP
Mona
Rohini
Gauri
Parul

Elsewhere, M4 thinks that this blog also
acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values every day.

Thank you, M4. This is a big compliment to me, you must understand, because all I'd ever say I transmit are my own personal values, but yes, you're right, to those who don't know world I live in, I must be some sort of ambassador. So yeah, now if I'm scared right off blogging you lot know who to frown at.

On the other hand, I can think of some other blogs who make a sincere effort to do this very thing (unlike scatty ol' Sue) and they certainly deserve acknowledgement:

Amrita
GreatBong
Nilanjana
Choxbox
DotThoughts

On that note of mutual appreciation, shared bonhomie and goodwill, I wish you all an interesting new year ahead and hope that you get what you need.

I don't know about the resolutions you have in mind but I'm thinking of sticking to the one I made a year ago -- decluttering my life -- because while I've done plenty already, there is still much work to be done. Drawers need clearing, shelves need sorting, toxic relationships need pruning and finances need a more streamlined understanding. So I'm challenging myself to tackle this load and I hope you get to do all the stuff you plan as well.

13 comments:

Monika,Ansh said...

Congrats on all the awards & hope u can stick to your resolution. It's such a sensible one.

Gauri said...

Thank you, dear :).

And all the very best on the New Year resolution.

The de-cluttering never really seems to end, does it ?

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

May the New Year bring all that you hope for...and more!

Don't let the sun go down on us, Sunny Sue!

choxbox said...

Thanks a ton Sue!

Will display it once I get back home.

Also, deleted your comment by mistake :( Please please resend the link you'd left there.

dipali said...

Thanks so much Sue!
Best wishes for an uncluttered new year. For me too, it's always a work in progress- shall try hard this year:)

Munchkin said...

You deserve both the awards babes :)

Sue said...

Monika -- Thank you. Seems to me as though I only clear out one load of clutter to find some more sneaked in when I wasn't looking!

Gauri -- No, if you live with Vickys and Bhablets it really doesn't seem to end!

M4 -- Amen to that.

Choxbox -- You know you deserve it. :)

Dipali -- Wishing you luck, then.

Avanti -- Thanks, hon. Sweet of you to say so.

indiequill said...

Thank you so much Sue! Those awards of yours are very well deserved imo!

I'm just surprised that people are still reading and reacting to my opinions, so this means a lot to me.

Have a wonderful 2009.

the mad momma said...

thank you sussimaami.

greatbong said...

Thank you Sue

Sue said...

Amrita -- Give me one reason not to read and react?

MM -- Any day, Amma!

GB --You're welcome. :)

B o o said...

testing.

Sue said...

testing.