Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, Totto Baby!

Last night, when we were driving around town to see the lights, a sleepy Bhablet piped up, "Totto baby kuta?" (Where is the little boy I saw 50 metres earlier?)

Before I could say anything, his father said, "Chhotto baby kal ashbe." (The little boy will come tomorrow.)

I actually wracked my brains for a few seconds, wondering whether we were expecting guests I couldn't remember, until the penny dropped.

And that is how you know that unlike the husband, I am not 'missionary educated'.

With that I wish you all a Happy Christmas. Make merry and don't do anything I wouldn't do (now).

11 comments:

vicky said...

you actually made a post out of that.

Sue said...

Vicky -- :)

~nm said...

:D very sweet

But I just couldn't help laughing at big fat cuddly Santa being called as "chhotto baby"

Sue said...

~nm -- Baby Jesus, hon. One of the most famous little boys ever.

vicky said...

oh dear.

ok, Santa is Lal Dadu.

Sue said...

Vicky -- Santa, as far as I could make out, was a red toy to be dismembered with startling rapidity... have you seen what he did to the one in Southern Avenue??

vicky said...

The one in SA was in the middle of a striptease even before it came out of its packaging. And missing half a sleeve.
So let's not malign the child.

Sue said...

Vicky -- Let's take him to meet Lal Dadu today. If you feel up to a quick trip. But I'm not spending longer than half an hour in the crowd.

dipali said...

Totto baby and Lal Dadu- that's the Christmas spirit!
Merry Christmas, Sue and family.

Subhashree said...

Merry Christmas, Sue and family.

~nm: duh!

Sue said...

Dipali, Subha -- Thanks, you two.