Monday, November 03, 2008

This is in extremely bad form

and you mustn't think I don't know it. Each of you who awarded me this nearly two months ago:

I meant to acknowledge it then but I kept losing track of all the people I had to acknowledge and then it just snowballed from there. Next time I'll do it before I put up any more posts. Because it isn't everyday I get called brilliant is it? And mostly the word has an "ass" or some such tagged on after it, which, let me assure you, quite takes the shine away from the brilliant.

So *takes a deep breath*, thank you, Jottings and Musings, who was born in the year of my birth on the day that The Bhablet was later born; Abha of the unforgettable smile; Dipali who needs no intro; and Avanti who's currently rather taken up in her new role.

This award is for blogs whose content and/or design are brilliant as well as creative. Its purpose to promote as many blogs as possible in the blogosphere.
1. When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back
2. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or even more) that you find brilliant in their content or design.
3. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Brilliant Weblog’
4. Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).
5. And then we pass it on!

To:
Ana -- For a blog that is visually appealing, clearly written and always interesting.

MayG's Creative Startup -- It's only a part of her regular blog but I love the artwork and widgetwork she's put into it.

Poppin (and Sweetpea's) Mom -- She's on a bit of a break what with being a do betiyonki ma but I've always loved her blog.

Sailu's Food -- Another early favourite from when I used to surf aimlessly during work. Go on, go through her archives. She gave me the courage to walk into the kitchen and pick up the ladle for things other than Maggie. I haven't come very far but I do acknowledge her efforts!

Dooce -- You appreciate the honesty of my writing, you tell me. Well, this is what I try to aspire to.

Lali -- Because her blog keeps a little part of her alive over here.

Jai -- I love his blog. No particular reason, but yeah, I prefer the content to the green template. :)

JAP -- I like both his blogs but for some reason I read the Blogspot one more.

I'm indeed so sheepish about it that I shan't even nominate any more blogs. Not because all my fav blogs have been nominated, but because having lost my blogroll during the template fiasco I don't have most of my fav links handy any more. That and also because of the sheepishness.

On the other hand, Avanti at least calls me her BFF (Blogging Friend Forever)


so I hope this means she at least forgives me. Since I've been sheepish for a considerable period of time already I shall now revert to my normal, brash self and toss some BFF cards out to E whose blog is private but who forgives me everything, and Beq who is blind to my mistakes. And Dipali who sees beyond them. And I'm sending over an extra large version of the card to the girls at CTT. Just because they are there. You know who you are, all of you.


P.S.
If you nominated me and I haven't acknowledged you, you must blame CTT. I have over a thousand mails to sort out the blog comments from, to find out the links to your awarding posts, and I just couldn't find the courage to wade into that. But I'm really touched you like Sunny Days. Father-mother-god-promise.

14 comments:

Mona said...

whoa, sue. you're on a blogging roll this morning :)
the saree pic is SO hot!

Monika,Ansh said...

congrats :)

J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Honoured, youngster.

J.A.P.

Mystic Margarita said...

Congrats! Very well deserved, indeed! And once again, the saree pic is hot! :)

Mama - Mia said...

i seem to have one curve right... the smile!!

or perhaps there is nothing else to write home about!!

but i so do love your blog!!!

cheers!

abha

dipali said...

Thankee kindly, young Sue!

mayG said...

aww thanks Sue :D

Sue said...

Mon -- Nah, I've joined the ranks of scheduling bloggers. :)

Monika -- Thanks.

JAP -- Likewise, mon seigneur. I didn't know you still lurked by.

Mystic -- Ah don't make me blush. Then you won't be able to see the blouse apart from the back!

Abha -- What did I tell you about fishing? The next time I'll just lie through my teeth and say that there is nothing to admire in you. Bah.

sailaja said...

Am honored, Sue. Thank you so very much. :)

Thinking Cramps said...

Hey, I'd left you a comment the day you posted this and it's not here!! Anyway, to recap - thanks a ton for the honor. For a heart-stopping moment I wondered if maybe you meant some other Ana (since i didn't expect you to refer to me as that!) and then I hovered over the link and all was rosy!! :)

Thanks a lot. Am flattered and motivated to blog more. Just, not now!

Thinking Cramps said...

And so, of course, in my enthusiasm, the comment got "published" 3 times. And I can't see the "delete" icon. Apologies.

Sue said...

Sailu -- :)

Ana -- LOL! And didn't you know I love your blog? I should de-lurk more, I suppose. Next time we're meeting sans Bhablets.

Poppins said...

Thanks Sue-tart !

Sue said...

Poppin's Mom -- Man, that's got to be one of the fun-nest nicks I've ever received. ;)