Saturday, November 01, 2008

My Life is Changing In So Many Waaays

All three of our lives are, actually. As you read this I'm on my way to work. I've gone back to work full-time and I'm waiting to see how I like it. If this works out:

* Vicky will work from home full-time while I spend the day at work.

* He will be taking on Bhablet-stuff full-time. We've been doing that more or less for two weeks now but it'll also be up to him to cook emergency meals, take a call on doctor visits, medication, changes in schedule etc. Full-time responsibility instead of following a pattern I set.

* He'll need to handle the laundry guy, the repair people, stuff like that, and keep an eye on groceries. Boil milk and keep the curtains closed against the afternoon heat. Things like that.

* Rahul will learn to know me as the parent who goes to office and his father as the person he automatically goes to.

* I will not sleep in any more mornings, nor will I laze around the house in a tatty nightie doing chores in my usual haphazard fashion.

* I will need to be polite, punctual and presentable for most of the day most of the week. That seems like a big deal in my current mood.

I'm not ready for it, and to tell you the truth, I've been trying not to think about it.

Although I will probably feel a lot better once the day is done and I have a better idea of what I've let myself in for.

11 comments:

Rohini said...

So? How was day one? How's the maid situ?

Subhashree said...

So how was your first day at work? Been there. Though I don't know how good the 'done that' part is. But kids have settled, so I think I shouldn't take up your space for ranting. Yours will also settle to the new routine :)

dipali said...

It'll all work out- all the best, to all of you!

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Hope everything went off well and without any major incident. Waiting to read all about it!

Sue said...

Ro -- Maid situ seems OK. I'm not saying until the month is out.

Subha -- Oh yeah, you and I can feel sorry for ourselves together. :(

Dipali -- Says who?

M4 -- Nothing to write about, really. I shall do the first leg and then comment about the job. In the meantime I suspect the chappie who hired me is reading this blog. :)

Monika,Ansh said...

all the best. hope it's going well.

the mad momma said...

been there. mourned that. waiting on this side to hold your hand if you need :)

Mama - Mia said...

all the best lady sue!! gent vicky and baby rahul!! :p

cheers!

abha

DotThoughts said...

good luck on the new job, Sue!

Sue said...

Monika -- It's going, let's say.

MM -- :( I could do with some of that.

Abha -- LOL! Thanks, Lady Abs.

Dottie -- Thank you, I'm sure.

chantix said...

We suggest you to buy chantix to quit the very dangerous 'nicotine' addiction by having the anti-smoking magic pill 'Chantix' which is Pfizer manufactured and approved by FDA on May 11,2006.For more sophisticated information about the side-effects of smoking and the treatment of it,Please logon to Chantix Online.