All three of our lives are, actually. As you read this I'm on my way to work. I've gone back to work full-time and I'm waiting to see how I like it. If this works out:
* Vicky will work from home full-time while I spend the day at work.
* He will be taking on Bhablet-stuff full-time. We've been doing that more or less for two weeks now but it'll also be up to him to cook emergency meals, take a call on doctor visits, medication, changes in schedule etc. Full-time responsibility instead of following a pattern I set.
* He'll need to handle the laundry guy, the repair people, stuff like that, and keep an eye on groceries. Boil milk and keep the curtains closed against the afternoon heat. Things like that.
* Rahul will learn to know me as the parent who goes to office and his father as the person he automatically goes to.
* I will not sleep in any more mornings, nor will I laze around the house in a tatty nightie doing chores in my usual haphazard fashion.
* I will need to be polite, punctual and presentable for most of the day most of the week. That seems like a big deal in my current mood.
I'm not ready for it, and to tell you the truth, I've been trying not to think about it.
Although I will probably feel a lot better once the day is done and I have a better idea of what I've let myself in for.