Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wisdom -- Painfully Bought

I've never claimed to be the best, the most patient or even the most understanding of mothers. I'm quite sure no-one who's seen me at it is going to say I am any of those things either. But I did think that I showed quite extraordinary patience with the Wee Bhablet-that-was when the child was teething. He didn't have any problem with the first half dozen, but was in a little pain during the molars.

And I thought to myself, come on, it's only a few teeth. I vaguely remember growing teeth some time in my childhood. I'm sure it doesn't hurt so much. Shut up with the whining already. Of course, I kept my thoughts to myself, but Somebody Up There heard me anyway.

So I've been in terrible agony Terrible Agony since last week. Toothache kept me up and crying several nights until I gave in to superior knowledge and popped a couple of Combiflams. Went to the Extremely Expensive dentist yesterday. (She's a helpful and friendly soul though, so I'm loath to change.) She says it's a wisdom tooth coming up, that they hurt. That this will go on, on again off again, for some months.

So I hope the child is happy already. Everybody conspires against me. Even my own teeth. Dammit.

11 comments:

Rohini said...

Ouch. Hope you feel better Really Soon ;-)

Sue said...

Ro -- Guess who's been reading Trashy Regency Romances. :) Lots of them, in fact. I've been through a couple of dozen this last week.

dipali said...

Poor you, Sue
What to do?

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Didn't you know that thoughts were monitored? And not just by govt. agencies but by the Big Men and Women Upstairs!

That secret having been shared, a little wisdom always hurt a lot!!

Take care and keep those Combiflams handy...

Gauri said...

Uh Oh ! Hope you feel better soon. And hope you get your wisdom errr ... I mean the tooth .... soon :)

Ritu said...

Growing up and acquiring wisdom is a painful process. Just hang in there and dont let a toothache bog you down

Ritu
http://www.phoenixritu.com/

Monika,Ansh said...

Oh, hope u feel better soon. I fel so old just knowing that u r still sprouting wisdom teeth.

Sue said...

Dipali -- LOL! You're on a roll, I see.

M4 -- Oh they are handy, and also stronger painkillers. And alcohol. ;)

Gauri -- That's right, make fun of a poor soul in agony. :(

Ritu -- Oh but it wasn't just a toothache. It was a Toothache with pain in jaws and ears and so on. Had a nasty cold and couldn't blow my nose. Sure that's allowed to bog me down?

Monika -- Why??? My first one, if that makes you feel worse. :)

Monika,Ansh said...

@monika- ouch! Mare hue ko kyon maarte ho.......lol

Mama - Mia said...

may i never get wise is all i can say after reading this post!! :p

cheers!

abha

Sue said...

Abha -- :) You wish.