Monday, October 13, 2008

Because Call Centre Employees Are People Too (They Are?)

I got a call today from some male voice from Bombay who wanted to speak to "Sourav-Shorabh-Sharebh? Neeyegee."

The call centre accent gave his game away so I, taking pity on the poor blighter, explained soothingly that I was Sharabh Niyogy's mother, and he could tell me whatever he wanted to say. In the way they do, he only heard about half this, determined that I was not "Sourav-Shorabh-Sharebh? Neeyegee" and hastily said that he would not speak to anybody but the person in question, so he would call back after a couple of hours.

I counted to five (I was in a good mood) and told him, quite nicely, that this Neeyegee couldn't talk to him because he was only two, TWO years old, so would he please tell me what he wanted to say?

And for the first time ever, I heard a call centre dude laugh out loud on the phone.

I'm thinking I shall start being nicer to them in the future. It was a nice laugh.

14 comments:

D said...

Never heard of a call centre guy laughing! Brings a smile to my lips instantly!

Trina said...

nice :)

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Nice post!

BTW, there's a wish for you on my blog...

the mad momma said...

they try that with me all the time. Dr batras calls once a month to remind me of the bean's eczema appointment. and we go through this every time where they insist on talking to her. from the time she ws 2 months old.

phoenixritu said...

I am guilty of having a lot of fun at their expense - this is a refreshing change

Itchingtowrite said...

ha ha!

mayG said...

lol!!!

Cosmic Treehouse said...

Oh, that's so funny!!!

The Marauder's Map said...

Rahul's good name is Sharabh? I never knew! Or do you have another (twin) son tucked away somewhere?

Sue said...

D -- Exactly what I thought! Mind you, since I work nest to them three nights a week I do hear them laugh but never over the phone!

Trina -- :)

M4 -- I saw and forgot to comment. The same to you, although I suppose now it's too late. :)

MM -- LOL! Weirdos. You'd think they'd have her age in their records.

Ritu -- Well, so am I. ;)

Itchy, MayG, Cosmic -- :)

Shrabonti -- Arre, it was one of the earliest posts I wrote. And please, not even as a joke does one even begin to think of twin Bhablets...

brundha said...

ha ha ha funny.

eve's lungs said...

How did they get the baby's name on their database I wonder ?

Lavs said...

For some strange reason, whenever i opened your blog page it showed me your post on sep21st...it was as if you had not posted beyond that...in fact, i think i left a comment asking where you had vanished...but it was my comment which has vanished now....thank god, i am able to see all your latest posts....how have you been doing?

Sue said...

Brundha -- :)

Evie -- From his life insurance policy details, I suspect.

Lavs -- Delete/clear your cache, that should fix the problem. We're well, barring minor colds. How are things with you?