Friday, October 03, 2008

A Tag I Forgot

But then, forgetfulness is one of my foremost quirks. Unless you are Vicky and have forgotten a chore. I never forget that.

So anyway, RV (mother of my ickle wee doula baby) tagged me for this one months ago. Came across it tonight while going over some pretty random Google searches as to what brings people (and I mean you) to my blog.

The rules of the tag are simple:

1. Link the person(s) who tagged you

2. Mention the rules on your blog

3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours

4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them

5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged


To start with, I think I've done this tag already. But hey, let's not call it quits already. I'm sure I can think of other, er, cute little eccentricities of mine.

1. I believe in symmetry when I'm being touched. So if an insect bites me on one cheek it does annoy me that the other cheek is sting-free. If I'm kissed on one hand I need the other hand kissed too. Stuff like that.

2. I like to keep things in their original condition. Sarees, once worn, are re-folded to the arrangement the laundry sent them home in. I think I would seriously like Rahul to keep all his toys in mint condition just because. (V ribs me endlessly on this one.) I took a deep breath and brought out a lot of my table and kitchenware when we moved to this flat. But I hung on to the boxes. In case I ever need to repack them exactly as they were, you know.

3. I do not like unwashed clothes sharing space with the washed ones. Makes me throw the washed stuff right back into the machine, especially garments like hankies, underwear or socks. I haven't figured out the logic behind this but I'm quite sure there is some.

4. Things have to be in their place. The bowls in the kitchen have been intricately stacked, so I can see each one from where I stand, and I need things to stay in this condition. I'm at my worst in the kitchen, though, Elsewhere father and son have got me tamed.

5. I can write in the style I've been reading. I'm not as good at this any more, not as I used to be, but it's a fun thing to do.

6. I would rather carry my footwear in my hand and walk barefoot through flooded streets than ruin my pretty slippers/sandals.

I can think of more, but I'll stop here. And I tag D, Indian Home Maker, Cee, ThreeDrinksAhead, Chandni and Dipta. Folks, some of you have already done this once, but feel free to come up with new ones. I find that I have many, many more than a mere dozen quirks in my quiver.

13 comments:

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Same pinch on the symmetry thing! And I thought I was the only one! Good to know that I'm not alone...

GettingThereNow said...

I don't see my name here but I will take your word that I was indeed tagged :D

Identify FULLY on #2. I mentioned it (I think) in my post when I did this tag for the first time. As you said I have many many more quirks, so shal reveal some more now :)

Sue said...

M4 -- :)

Cee -- Oof. Go get your specs, you ancient you.

D said...

Quite quirky, Sue!

#5 happens to me too albeit unconsciously. I just take on the same style (for some time at least)as the author of the book I'm reading.

And I'll take up the tag as soon as I can identify my quirks!

Subhashree said...

Sue, nice tag. I share 1,2,3 and 6 with you. We can go to the wierd corner and be friends :)

Indian Home Maker said...

Done this tag one, just like you have :) very recently... might modify it a bit to make it a little different, hope that is permitted :)

D said...

Done!

Random Vignettes said...

Anm with you on the keeping things in their original condition..I NEED to keep the boxes..

Err now can I come and hang out with Subha and you in the weird corner?

Avanti Sané said...

You've been awarded :)

themunchkinblog said...

On my mommy blog...

Mystic Margarita said...

Ditto on #5. Makes it tough to find your own style minus the influences.

Sue said...

D -- Didn't take you long now, did it? :)

Subha -- Or we can be friends anyway and carry the weirdness around with us. ;)

IHM -- Sure, play around with it as much as you like.

RV -- :) You're standing in it, sweetie.

Avanti -- Thanks!

Mystic -- As I'm getting older (or perhaps I read less) I find my own style settling in to stay. What about you?

chandni said...

done dana done done :)