So anyway, RV (mother of my ickle wee doula baby) tagged me for this one months ago. Came across it tonight while going over some pretty random Google searches as to what brings people (and I mean you) to my blog.
The rules of the tag are simple:
1. Link the person(s) who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged
To start with, I think I've done this tag already. But hey, let's not call it quits already. I'm sure I can think of other, er, cute little eccentricities of mine.
1. I believe in symmetry when I'm being touched. So if an insect bites me on one cheek it does annoy me that the other cheek is sting-free. If I'm kissed on one hand I need the other hand kissed too. Stuff like that.
2. I like to keep things in their original condition. Sarees, once worn, are re-folded to the arrangement the laundry sent them home in. I think I would seriously like Rahul to keep all his toys in mint condition just because. (V ribs me endlessly on this one.) I took a deep breath and brought out a lot of my table and kitchenware when we moved to this flat. But I hung on to the boxes. In case I ever need to repack them exactly as they were, you know.
3. I do not like unwashed clothes sharing space with the washed ones. Makes me throw the washed stuff right back into the machine, especially garments like hankies, underwear or socks. I haven't figured out the logic behind this but I'm quite sure there is some.
4. Things have to be in their place. The bowls in the kitchen have been intricately stacked, so I can see each one from where I stand, and I need things to stay in this condition. I'm at my worst in the kitchen, though, Elsewhere father and son have got me tamed.
5. I can write in the style I've been reading. I'm not as good at this any more, not as I used to be, but it's a fun thing to do.
6. I would rather carry my footwear in my hand and walk barefoot through flooded streets than ruin my pretty slippers/sandals.
I can think of more, but I'll stop here. And I tag D, Indian Home Maker, Cee, ThreeDrinksAhead, Chandni and Dipta. Folks, some of you have already done this once, but feel free to come up with new ones. I find that I have many, many more than a mere dozen quirks in my quiver.