Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Little Biologist

So V observes the boy at play and then comes to me to say,

"Your son is out to create a tigon. I have been watching him at it these last few days."

I, with thoughts of political correctness and vivid visual images floating through my head, say,

"Don't put any thoughts into his head, for heaven's sake. Let him do as he pleases, he doesn't know the significance, na."

Correctly interpreting my scarcely hidden maternal concern the husband says,

"Oh don't worry, the elephant is keeping an eye on them at all times."

12 comments:

medocuk said...

Good laugh!

Indian Home Maker said...

LOL @ creating a Tigon:))

Sue said...

Medocuk -- :)

IHM -- Trust V to have the right word!

GettingThereNow said...

What he meant was "liger" because I see a male lion in the picture. Refer to the article you have linked to :)

brundha said...

Ha ha ha Tigon, very funny. Well I am glad the elephant didn't get inspired and joined the couple to finally produce a Tigonphant.

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Hahaha! Awww...kids are the sweetest things!

dipali said...

Hat's off, Vicky:)

phoenixritu said...

Oh wow! I did not know about ligers and tigons! One lives and learns. :)

~nm said...

Hahahaha!! this was so cute and hilarious!! :D

Rohini said...

LOL!

Subhashree said...

LOL:D

Sue said...

Cee-- Gosh, you're right! Oh well, Vicky and I aren't the scientists in this family, I do assure you.

Brundha -- Heaven forbid!

M4 -- Yeah, and fathers the funniest!

Dipali -- :)

Phoenix -- Yes, in the weirdest ways.

~nm, Ro, Subha -- You said it!