Well, where do I begin? Short takes will have to suffice.
1. New place looking very nice. We're nt all unpacked but it's warm and welcoming and can accomodate visitors. What else do you want? Working kitchen, bedroom and bathrooms. Yes, I said bedroom and bathroomS. Great place. 2 loos to a bedroom.
2. The Bhablet is loving Madras. He's being petted silly, my parents love having him over and I'm finally getting a little rest. Not sure why I didn't feel rested last few times I was over, but this time I'm very relaxed and quite cheerful. Potty training gone haywire but hey, what's a little potty training when you have grandparents and grandson having a whale of a time. Ok, a Bhablet of a time. That describes the joyous abandon better than "whale of a time". Silly phrase, anyway.
3. Vicky is not well. I've decided to get off his case. I do not ask him after his meals or how he is managing. If he says he is fine I take his word for it. I hope he is all right but even if he isn't, I'll cope with it all once I get back home, i.e. on the 24th.
4. I've had a wonderful haircut. I came to MDR with hair that fell an inch or two below my bra strap at the back and was thick enough to make two decent plaits. I loved the length and the thickness but it was killing me. I went to Studio Profile (introduced to me by this wonderful, er, native of these parts) and had it all chopped off. They carted it away in shovelfuls. I've still got most of the length (bar two inches at the bottom) but had the rest of it ruthlessly thinned. This means I can now actually tie my hair in a ponytail and the damn thing stays in place. It also means no more thick plait and no more fashionable knots, but hey, who had the time for knots anyway?
5. I wanted to buy myself some clothes at the Globus sale but seem to have missed it. My parents bought me a couple of nice tops but I really wanted a couple of formal shirts. Oh well.
4. Toddlers need a separate seat in aircraft. Why the hell can't the airlines just accept that? I'll pay for the damn seat.
5. The Bhablet just woke up so pretty much everything else I wanted to say has gone out of my head.
6. We're off to B'lore tomorrow. Saying the night, returning on Sunday. Anybody want to meet up? Sunday morning? Saturday evening?
7. Blogmeet in Madras anyone? Tuesday/Wed evening?
More, as always, later. Ta, all!