I've been feeling a trifle guilty over the recent tags which I've been putting off doing and now I see I have two more of even earlier vintage. Sigh. Well, here goes.
Forty Questions from Anansi:
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
- I don't know. Motherhood keeps on throwing up new stuff at me, y'know? Oh and I got a tattoo. And I spent time alone at home with The Bhablet for days while Vicky was away.
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- I didn't make any resolutions that I remember for 2007 but I did make one for 2008.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Oh yes. Nunu had her Nunulet with his beautifully manicured little fingers and long legs and charming smile.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
- Yes, Cousin T's grandfather. There was another death recently. Of a fairly distant relative, but he's somebody I remember rather fondly from my childhood and the circumstances of his death were very sad.
5. What places did you visit?
- Madras, Hyderabad, Delhi, Gurgaon. Did I mention Madras? Oh and we also visited Madras.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
- Balance. In my marriage mostly.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- Can't think of one, thank god. Odds are, I'd have remembered a date for the sadness associated with it.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- Getting back on stage. It required a high degree of self-confidence, something I'd almost completely lost. I was so grateful to Proof for restoring it.
9. What was your biggest failure?
- Losing the pregnancy fat pileup. Sigh. It's more evenly distributed now. I just look bigger all over, so I suppose it's better than a couple of spare tires.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
- Yes. De Quervain's disease -- the pain in my wrists.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
- Didn't buy much. Spent most of all we had (and some money we didn't have) on airfare.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
- V's mother. In May she finally began thawing.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
- His mother, before that...
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- Proof. Journeys to Gurgaon.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
- Old MacDonald Had a Farm. It was The Bhablet's favourite song for quite a while.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
- Far happier. Healthier and more capable.
18. Thinner or fatter? Thinner!!
- Weightwise only slightly lighter but hey, it's now migrated to an even layer all over.
19. What do you wish you'd done more of?
- Spent more time giving some people the tongue-lashing they deserved. Stood up for myself. Been more loving and patient with V and The Bhablet.
20. What do you wish you'd done less of?
- Shouting and hurting and being hurt.
21. How will you be spending Christmas?
- I spent it with V and The Bhablet. We had a mini party in the evening.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
- Yes, with my son. It was a Bhablet of an experience. You'd think I'd know better by now but I went through it all once more last week in Madras.
23. How many one night stands
- I refuse to stand, no matter what any child specialist says. I sat and held The Bhablet as he screamed all night and refused to sleep. There were a lot of such nights.
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
-The Bhablet show. (We didn't get to catch much else.)
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
- Don't think so.
26. What was the best book you read?
- Damn, I hate these questions. I read plenty and liked plenty. No single winner.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
- Amy Winehouse. I'm now a fan.
28. What did you want and get?
- A part in Proof (followed by postive reviews).
29. What did you want and not get?
- A nice new place to live in. (We moved to this place in 2008 so it doesn't count).
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
- Life in a Metro probably. Don't remember watching so many movies last year anyway.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- Went for a drive to Burdwan where we dutifully bought langchas. I was twenty-five.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- Better financial management.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
- Boring. Old. Dowdy. Ill-fitting. Depressing.
34. What kept you sane?
- Books. Trips out of Cal. Acting.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
- Johnny Depp.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
- Esha, as always. And I missed my mother.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
- Anjita, who recently gave birth to The Plumber.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
- That The Bhablet loves me.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
- It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I've to pass this on, eh? Ok, I tag Dipali.