Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Proof

If you're in Calcutta on 18th January (Friday) drop by Gyan Manch around 6.30 p.m. and watch me act. Our adaptation of David Auburn's The Proof is ready to roll and I'm all butterflies-in-my-tummy excited about it.

No, really, do come. I last acted on stage four years ago and while that may not seem like a huge gap it really was a lifetime ago. Since then I've got married, moved to Cal, had a baby. I last acted as a college student.

If you can't make it at all, then the second show is on the 27th. Gyan Manch, same time.

The thing about Proof is that, like all other Red Curtain productions, it's for charity. This time we are performing for Operation Smile and obviously, the more money you donate for your ticket, the more operations they will be able to perform. Go on, click on the link and see the work they do. In general tickets are Rs. 50 (free seating) but you can pay more if you like. From Rs. 500 onwards you get a front row, numbered seat.

Please come. Operation Smile could do with your kindness and I would definitely enjoy meeting you. (Since we are never going to have a blog meet in Cal from all accounts.)

You can email harshakhorana@gmail.com or call 98301 46616 to book your tickets. Please remember to collect them 48 hours before the show or else they will be sold elsewhere. Alternatively, if you buy tickets for over Rs. 500 Harsh is willing to deliver them to you.

12 comments:

D said...

Best of luck.

Smitha said...

As I'm told they say in Show Business - Break a leg

(a long time lurker)

Sue said...

D -- Thanks.

Smitha -- Spot on. :) And hello.

educatedunemployed said...

Good luck. Wish I could be there.

Opaline said...

Goodluck! I will go, forsure. Will the bhaeblet be around?

Mystic Margarita said...

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you, Sue - will pass the info. on to some friends in Kolkata....

dipali said...

Oops- and I've just bought tickets for Tim Supple's show on the 18th.
I'll have to see your on the 27th.
As Smitha said, Break a leg!

Moppet's Mom said...

Ooh, good luck!

saptarshi said...

Will be there. :)

~nm said...

How I wish I could be there!

Hey, anyone who goes there, please make a video (if it is allowed :P ) and post it here on YouTube or GoogleVideos!

Wishing you all the best!!!

Sue said...

Guys, thanks for the wishes.

Mystic -- thanks.

Dipali -- 27th then. But please don't miss it. Promise?

NM -- I don't think there'll be a video. :)

J. Bo said...

Checked out after MM mentioned you. Be back to chill, read and understand. Perhaps not with a cigarette. And hah @ "not a mommy blog". I love being called a sex blog too. :)
http://eveemancipation.blogspot.com