Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Bhablet Who Walks



He's been able to step out on his own for over a month now, but was not interested in it. This afternoon I noticed him trying out steps on our bed but he stopped as soon as he saw me looking. Tonight we went to a mela (fair) near Giga's house. The Bhablet had been invited to dinner so we had gone to pick him up. Cousin J, V, The Bhablet and I wandered around the closing stalls and bought ourselves some snacks and a couple of toys.

After a chilly ride on a rickshaw, we finally got home at well past ten. V was busy writing out cheques and I was reading one of the newspapers when I saw The Bhablet had decided to walk. Up and down our living room floor. Over and over again. Shy and proud of his new skill.

If you've been there you'll know how it felt.

14 comments:

Opaline said...

Loved the video, speshly the random awawaw noises. Hugs to Beblu.

Tania said...

I haven't watched the video yet, but I can understand how it feels.My little one walked from one end of the living room to the TV one fine day and I was ecstatic.I even remember the date.

Shuki said...

Oh, that's amazing! It must have been so incredibly magical for Vicky and you...

Shobana said...

I am sure you are bursting with pride. Congrats to the Bhablet.

March Hare said...

awww. and it was adorable the way he tried to eat his rattle. and also the way he slid along the floor and got up holding on to V's chair.

handsome kid! :)

Kodi's Mom said...

:) congrats Bhablet! now you can make your toothy twenty something mom run after you!

ps: "shy and proud" is the perfect description!

karmickids said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Hope you got your china safe, Sue!!!

Rohini said...

Yay Bhaeblet!!!

I have almost forgotten what Ayaan's first steps were like... must go home and surf through our videos.

Anitha(nikki's mom) said...

Cute, cute, cute. Loved the Bhablet talk more than his walk.

Poppins said...

Blogger wasn't letting me comment yesterday. It's wonderful to see it in action, I feel your excitement. And it's always when you are doing something and in your own world that this miracle happens :)

Sue said...

You guys -- it was totally wow. :D

Of course, he hasn't bothered doing it since. But we did watch him do it for nigh on 20 min, so now we know he really can -- should His Little Lordship wish to!

Y said...

very very cute...

no, i haven't been there yet, but am looking forward to it!

Sparx said...

Oh! I can't believe I missed this one - so cute!

Sue said...

Y -- Ah, I just can't imagine your little sethji walking -- she looks like she made to be carried and cuddled.

Sparx -- :)